Harbourside Jewellers Pty Ltd
We are bound by the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) which includes the Australian Privacy Principles, and the Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014 (Vic).
We may update this Policy from time to time without notice if Our information collection practices change. You are advised to regularly check this Policy on Our website for any updates.
“Company IP” includes, but is not limited to the contents, layout, design, colours, appearance, graphics and imagery, data and data visualisation, of the Product, Content and Materials as well as all copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, patents and other Intellectual Property contained in the Product.
“Content” means any content, writing, images, audiovisual content or other information or visualisation published on the Product.
“Goods” means any or all goods provided by Harbourside Jewellers, including on or through the Product website or delivered in-person.
“Materials” means any materials, information or documentation that We may provide to You in connection with Your use of the Product including documentation, data, information developed by Us or owned by Us, and other materials which may assist in Your use of the Product.
“Output” means the output generated by You from Our Product.
“Parties” means both You (the user of the Product) and Us (the owner of the Product) collectively.
“Personal Information” means information that we may obtain from You in connection with Your use of the Product such as in the purchase of goods from Our shopping cart.
“Product” includes all “Content”, “Data Services”, “Goods”, “Materials”, “Output”, “Harbourside Jewellers Technology” and “Services” and includes the website including all pages, all subpages, all blogs, all forums, all other connected pages and all other connected internet content whatsoever, the home page or main page and associated websites.
“Harbourside Jewellers Technology” means all Harbourside Jewellers proprietary software and other technology with respect to the Services including Data Services, all documentation relating to the Services (both printed and electronic), and any derivatives, improvements, enhancements, upgrades and updates.
“Services” means any or all services provided by or on the Product.
“Third Party Links” means links or references to websites other than the Website, to content other than the Content or to materials other than the Materials, none of which are controlled by Us.
“Third Party Service Provider” means a third party, separate from Us or Our company but which provides services that assist Us in serving You. This may include but is not restricted to web hosting, IT services, security services, payment processing, deliveries, customer service, order fulfilment or other services.
“Us”, “We”, “Our”, “the Company”, “the Owner” or “Harbourside Jewellers” refers to Harbourside Jewellers Pty Ltd and includes any employees, affiliates, agents or other representatives of Harbourside Jewellers Pty Ltd.
“You” or “Your” refers to the user of Our website.
“Your Content” means any Content posted to or added to the Website, Content or Materials by You or by somebody authorised by You or doing so on Your behalf.
- Words referring to one gender include every other gender.
- Words referring to a singular number include the plural, and words referring to a plural include the singular.
- Words referring to a person or persons include companies, firms, corporations, organisations and vice versa.
- Any obligation on a Party not to do something includes an obligation not to allow that thing to be done.
3. TYPE OF INFORMATION AND HOW IT IS COLLECTED
- When You use the Product, We may collect information from You through automatic tracking systems (such as information about Your browsing preferences).
- In addition, We may collect information that You volunteer to Us (such as information that You provide during a sign-up process, purchase an item from Our website, email us, or at other times while using the Product).
- In order to access some features of the Product, You may be required to register as a user of Our website. During the registration process, We collect some of Your Personal Information, in the following manner:
- We will only collect information that identifies You personally when You specifically volunteer that information to Us.
- The information that We will collect from You at registration may include: Your name, email address, phone number, mailing address, and credit card details where applicable.
- making purchases;
- receiving notifications by text message or email about promotions;
- receiving general emails from Us;
- commenting on Our content such as blogs, articles, photographs or videos, or participating in Our forums, bulletin boards, chat rooms or other similar features.
In addition to any Personal Information that You are required to provide in order to access the Product features, in some cases You may be required to provide more specific information. For example, in order to make purchases, You may need to provide credit card information, billing information and postal address.
- From time to time We may request information from You to assist Us in improving Our Product. For example, We may ask You to answer some questions about Your demographics, Your shopping preferences, or Your other preferences in relation to the Product.
- We use social networking services such as Facebook and Instagram to communicate news with the wider community and the public. When someone communicates with us using these services, we may collect Personal Information, but it is only used it to help us to communicate with the person and the public. The social networking service will also handle personal information for its own purposes. These services have their own privacy policies which can be found on their websites.
- Cookies are small files stored on Your computer or mobile device which collect information about Your browsing behaviour.
- Cookies do not access information which is stored on Your computer.
- Cookies enable us to tailor Our configurations to Your needs and preferences, in order to improve Your user experience.
- Most internet browsers accept cookies automatically, although You are able to change Your browser settings to control cookies, including whether or not You accept them, and how to remove them. You may also be able to set Your browser to advise You if You receive a cookie, or to block or delete cookies. However, if You do this, You may be prevented from taking full advantage of the Product.
5. HOW YOUR INFORMATION IS STORED
- Please note that no systems involving the transmission of information via the internet, or the electronic storage of data, are completely secure. However, we take the protection and storage of Your Personal Information very seriously. We take all reasonable steps to protect Your Personal Information.
- We use appropriate physical, digital, managerial and security systems to store Your Personal Information and to protect it against unauthorised access, destruction or disclosure.
6. DATA BREACH
In the event of a data breach, Harbourside Jewellers will adhere to the applicable Federal and/or State data breach regulations of the impacted user(s) of Our website. Upon discovery or notification of any unauthorised access disclosure, Harbourside Jewellers will take immediate measures to safeguard and prevent further dissemination of any Personal Information.
- We may provide some of Your Personal Information from time to time to Third Party Service Providers so that they can help us to serve You via the Product. In particular, We may use Third Party Service Providers to assist with information storage (such as cloud storage).
- We may provide some of Your Personal Information to Third Party Service Providers for the purpose of analysing data or tracking usage. For example, We may use these services to find out where page requests come from, dates and times of page requests, details of any website that referred You to the Product and other details about Your usage of the Product. This information enables Us to understand patterns of usage of the Product, and to improve the Product.
- We may use Third Party Service Providers to host the Product or to resell or onsell the Product. If this occurs, that Third Party Service Provider is likely to have access to some of Your Personal Information.
- We may use Third Party Service Providers to fulfil orders in relation to the Product.
- For Your information, some of Our Third Party Service Providers may be located outside Australia (such as Google) and may not be subject to Australian privacy laws. The countries in which Our Third Party Service Providers may be located include USA.
- Your Personal Information will not be sold or otherwise transferred to other third parties without Your approval.
8. COMBINING INFORMATION
We do not combine, link or aggregate any of Your Personal Information with other Personal Information of Yours which We are holding.
9. HOW YOUR INFORMATION IS USED
Generally, Harbourside Jewellers only uses and discloses information for the purpose for which it was collected, namely, to provide a service to You, to enhance the services we provide.
Specifically, where Personal Information is collected, we use it to help us improve your experience with Our Product. We may use Your Personal Information for purposes including but not limited to:
- order fulfilment.
- providing customer service to You.
- marketing and advertising to You including both direct and indirect marketing and advertising and including marketing and advertising about products that may interest You based on Your personal preferences or demographics.
- advising You about updates to the Product.
10. MERGER, RESTRUCTURE OR SALE OF OUR BUSINESS
- Part or all of Our business may be merged, restructured or sold including but not limited to through an ordinary sale of business or of stock, a corporate reorganisation, a change in control, bankruptcy or insolvency proceedings.
- In the event that such a merger, restructure or sale occurs as described in the preceding sub-clause, We may transfer Your Personal Information, including personally identifiable information, as part of that merger, restructure or sale.
11. INFORMATION YOU RELEASE
You acknowledge and agree that if You publish or submit Personal Information in publicly accessible sections of the Product (such as forums, bulletin boards, chat rooms, or other similar sections), then You are solely responsible for the release of that Personal Information and We are not liable or responsible in relation to the release of that Personal Information.
- You have the right to request access to any of Your Personal Information which We are holding.
- You have the right to request that any of Your Personal Information which We are holding be updated or corrected.
14. DISCLAIMER REGARDING SECURITY
15. CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
- We take customer satisfaction very seriously. If You have a complaint in relation to Our handling of Your Personal Information, We will endeavour to handle it promptly and fairly. For Your information, an overview of Our complaints handling procedure is as follows:
- Complaints should be addressed to Privacy Officer, Harbourside Jewellers by emailing Us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If You are not satisfied with Our response to Your complaint, You may refer Your complaint to the relevant external dispute resolution organisation.
You can contact Us about this Policy using the following details:By Email: admin@harboursidejewellers.
Effective Date: 1/02/2021